Saturday 21 November 2015

Moodboard

During this lesson we had to pick out a random word from the dictionary with our eyes shut. My chosen word was ‘Landscape’. This was quite an interesting word to me as landscape is a big part of photography. The word landscape itself has two different meanings. One is all the visible features of an area of land, and the other is a printed matter which is wider than it is high. When looking through the magazines I tried to find landscape images of nature such as a field or land; however I was only able to find ones with models included. I looked out more for strip photos, in other words, photos that aren’t portrait. After looking at 3 magazines, I was able to find 8 decent coloured landscape shots, with 2 of including a background consisting of nature. I discovered that most shots I chose, were all advertising either a brand or product. The poses of the models I chose are ones we had previously looked at and tried to recreate in previous lessons. They’re mostly lying down, looking away from the camera or using their different parts of their body e.g. hands as part of the shot.


I also tried to look for something different, such as black and white photos and placed them into a different mood-board. This lesson allowed me to look further into things when designing a mood-board as I had to ask questions to myself before I chose an image. I had to ensure each image was relevant and appropriate before cutting it out. Overall I personally think mood-boards communicate things words cannot. A picture is often said to be worth a thousand words and mood-boards are a great way to express yourself to others, and visually explain to them what is in your head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment